Do you know the best ways to prep for your eyebrow appointments? Depending on whether you have booked in a brow style with henna or tint, brow lamination or eyebrow tattoo, you will need to prep in different ways.
Check out our tips below for the best ways to prep for your eyebrow appointments below.
If you are booked in for an eyebrow wax, tint and/or lamination…
- It’s important to avoid any cosmetic treatments such as microdermabrasion, or injectables before your brow appointment at Alison Jade. This is because there is a slight risk that the swelling caused by waxing can impact your cosmetic treatment. Always wait at least 24 hours post cosmetic treatment before scheduling in your brow appointment.
- Please do not spray or fake tan before your eyebrow appointment. This is to avoid the wax stripping the tan off from around your brows! Always book your spray tan 24 hours after your appointment.
- If possible, try to avoid any makeup on or around your brows when coming to your appointment. At Alison Jade, we do remove your brow makeup prior to waxing however, any makeup residue can still clog freshly opened pores.
- Are you using harsh skincare that make cause sensitivity? Please let your eyebrow specialist know prior to your appointment. You don’t want waxing to aggravate your sensitive skin further.
- Finally, Summer is coming. Try to avoid sunburn right before your eyebrow style.
If you are booked in for an eyebrow tattoo appointment…
- First and foremost, please make sure you eat something before your appointment. This is to help ensure your blood sugar levels stay stable during the brow tattoo session.
- As with your brow wax, it’s important to avoid any cosmetic treatments before your brow tattoo. Please leave at least 2 weeks between your cosmetic treatments such as microdermabrasion, or injectables and your brow tattoo appointment.
- Avoid alcohol, caffeine or any blood thinning medications for at least 24- 48 hrs before your appointment. Blood thinning medications can include ibuprofen, aspirin and fish oil tablets. This will help to reduce any minimal bleeding when you are being tattooed.
- Unfortunately, you cannot get your brows waxed or tinted for at least 2 weeks prior to your appointment. This also includes tweezing!
- Avoid sun tanning or tanning beds for 2 weeks prior to your brow tattoo appointment. This is because, as your skin exfoliates, it may lift the pigment from the tattoo. This will result in uneven brows.
Your eyebrow specialist will go through all of your pre and post treatment instructions during your brow tattoo initial consultation. There may be specific instructions not listed above due to the individual client’s needs, so please make sure you always refer to your personalised brow care guide.
All the best with your eyebrow style or tattoo appointment! If you would like to book into Alison Jade Perth or Alison Jade Melbourne please click here.